Hello MBA’s,

We always have confusing between sales and marketing which career we should choose and which will help us in building our career so on… Here in this article I am trying to differentiate the Sales and Marketing Career and how it Add-on to your career growth.

Marketing is everything that you do to reach and persuade prospects. The sales process is everything that you do to close the sale and get a signed agreement or contract. Both are necessities to the success of a business. You cannot do without either process. By strategically combining both efforts you will experience a successful amount of business growth. However, by the same token if the efforts are unbalanced it can detour your growth.

Your marketing will consist of the measures you use to reach and persuade your prospects that you are the company for them. It's the message that prepares the prospect for the sales. It consists of advertising, public relations, brand marketing, viral marketing, and direct mail.

The sales process consists of interpersonal interaction. It is often done by a one-on-one meeting, cold calls, and networking. It's anything that engages you with the prospect or customer on a personal level rather than at a distance
My personal opinion is that it is better to have some hardcore sales experience in sales before thinking about a career in the so called glamorous world of Marketing. Sales will give you lot of inputs about customers, their needs, behavior, how the channel works etc which will be of tremendous help to you when you enter into the world of marketing strategy. You will be able to device practical marketing strategy since you know how the market works.

Go through these web sites which will help you to find good job offers in sales and marketing field- naukri.com, careeerjet.co.in, jobs.trovit.co.in etc. Among these trovit.co.in site will provide you relevant jobs information from different sites in one site I have used this site in my job search.

Regards

Asha