Thread: help me understand

help me understand

So i was wondering what makes people visit a website i mean any site..........what makes them stay and and wanna come back?????:

good content, info and news from the domain they are interested in.
    also, good design and decent usability.

All best,
    radu

What makes people come back?

That is an interesting question. I wish I knew the answer to that one myself. I come back to blogs that are helping me to meet a particular need that I have. If a blog has good ideas on how to write good blog posts or how to get more hits on my blog, I will go back and read it again. If a blog has a similar interest in health related topics like mine and they seem to know what they are talking about, I will go back again. If they post topics that are controversial and just beg to be commented on, I will go back. The bottom line is that I have to learn something new or be highly entertained on a regular basis in order to go back. Use pictures and ask a question to get people thinking. If you don't catch my interest in the first ten seconds, you have lost me. What you say in your title and first few sentences is so important. If you don't hook me there, I'm gone. An example of an unimaginative title might be something like "The Cranial Dimensions of the Human Brain In Relation To It's Cognitive Capacity." A better title might be something more like, "Are Women Really Smarter Than Men?" Which post would you rather read?

I could go on and on. What do the rest of you think?

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jiversen View Post
    "The Cranial Dimensions of the Human Brain In Relation To It's Cognitive Capacity." A better title might be something more like, "Are Women Really Smarter Than Men?" Which post would you rather read?
    Hi Jeff,
    Well, I would read both of them

-r

I think they visit because it's something they're looking for. They stay because it has what they are looking for, and they come back, because the site peeked their curiosity, and had valuable content.

I think...

I think it's the content, the look of your site, and how informative it is. I've noticed a big turn off for me is if the color scheme is way too bright or too many contrasting colors.

Quote Originally Posted by capricornjack83 View Post
    I think it's the content, the look of your site, and how informative it is. I've noticed a big turn off for me is if the color scheme is way too bright or too many contrasting colors.
    I have to agree

Good quality, consistent content, website design needs to be clean and aesthetically pleasing