Thread: Is Google Playing Fair! What Do You Think..?

Exclamation Is Google Playing Fair! What Do You Think..?

Most of us will be aware by now of Google's recent announcement that they are now using site load times as a ranking factor. Has this caused you concern..? Are you being constantly told by Google that your site is slower than x% of all other sites..?

We all struggle & do everything we can do to speed up our page load times, but still it is not enough, we still rate as not much faster than your average snail ! Well I wonder how many of you realise that one of the biggest factors in slowing down your pages, is Google's own code ! For every Adsense advert you can lose as much as .5 seconds, Custom search .5 seconds & Google Analytics anything from .5 to 1 second

Does this strike anyone as just a little hypercritical & also very unfair, because the only people that this doesn't affect are those that can afford a dedicated server !
    http://www.my-blog-review.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blogvertize View Post
    Most of us will be aware by now of Google's recent announcement that they are now using site load times as a ranking factor. Has this caused you concern..? Are you being constantly told by Google that your site is slower than x% of all other sites..?

Does this strike anyone as just a little hypercritical & also very unfair, because the only people that this doesn't affect are those that can afford a dedicated server !
    You should pay attention to is. Whether you like it or not, make some ways to speed up your site better than the usual. If you can't afford a dedicated server to support your site, it will be a big loss for you. Wasting money is not a big deal. Page load time usability factor directly affects sales and conversions, so its worth the pay.

it aint' google's job to be fair. When searchers get bad (but fast loading) sites, and stop using google, then google will stop worrying about load times.

I agree Google isn't out to be fair to anyone person more than another. But they are trying to increase the readers experience. It is so frustrating going onto a site and having to wait 2 min for information to download because the site is badly designed or structured, full of flashing objects and adverts and things I just don't care about. All I want is information. But then again - fast loading sites can be rubbish too - better to stick to quality content.
    Kerry-Ann
    www.cadecreatives.com