Thread: over 40, attracted to younger guy

over 40, attracted to younger guy

My first time here on the blog. Anyone out there with any advice on my situation. I'm a professional woman running a fairly successsful business and one of the fellow who works for me is somewhat younger and is the son of a full time employee. I am attracted to him. I am in a committed relationship but there is just something about this beautiful young man. I have NOT done anything remotely unprofessional or made any overtures to him. Not even sure what I think I want but the attraction is there. I think its mutual but that could just be that he's very nice and sweet and attentive to me. I am the boss, after all.
    Any comments? thanks

alex!..........cmon, im sure there are many men u have been attracted to and have not acted on. u pick this attraction to him because u know its dangerous. u seem smart...dont do it, acknowledge the attraction..........and leave it at that.........no good will come of it but brief pleasure.ur too smart for that.

Hi Alexandra, dun be fooled that for one moment that the young man does not know that you are attracted to him! his hormones are raging and we man can sense that in a woman too. leave him alone as nothing good will come out from it.

Wink Perhaps

My I submit to you that you may be asking the wrong question. You're human of course you may find someone whom you're attracted to, that is just what we are as a species.

I recognize your feelings and I can relate to your quandary perhaps a better question to ask is "what needs is my current relationship not meeting ?"

You see if your needs where being met in your current relationship then this attraction wouldn't have the "significance" it has currently. The law of cause and effect does apply here. The attraction to this young man I "suspect" is the effect or symptom of some specific mental, emotional or spiritual need not being met elsewhere in your life.

Look within hard and honest (since the human ego will work to prevent this) starting with your relationship and find what is "lacking" and that "may" be the root cause.

I'm not going to judge you like others and say you are this or that because in my view or personal delusion you're just a woman having a human experience trying to figure it all out like the rest of us.

Be well

Lee Dreams

Hi alex..its probably only a crush..dun let urself get carried away..U know the serious consequences..the judgemental looks from others..there's always a beeter guy out there..if u r tired of ur current relationship, mayb its better to just take a break ?

maybe it's just a mere attraction than a serious feelings towards the young man. Just don't entertain the idea of really getting into a relationship with this guy, for I really doubt that it will work for the both of you.

Hello Alex,
    For me age and professional gap shouldn't matter. What would matter is that I am in a committed relationship. I would definitely not do something which would ruin that. This is just probably a test/trial on your relationship. If you still value your relationship, forget the cute guy. If you don't love your partner anymore, then by all means follow your heart. Take care

BASICALLY I AM FROM GORIFA ASHOKE NAGAR 24 PGS(N),BUT PRESENTELY WORKING AND STAYING NAVI MUMBAI.

Thumbs down Think Think Think

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
    My first time here on the blog. Anyone out there with any advice on my situation. I'm a professional woman running a fairly successsful business and one of the fellow who works for me is somewhat younger and is the son of a full time employee. I am attracted to him. I am in a committed relationship but there is just something about this beautiful young man. I have NOT done anything remotely unprofessional or made any overtures to him. Not even sure what I think I want but the attraction is there. I think its mutual but that could just be that he's very nice and sweet and attentive to me. I am the boss, after all.
    Any comments? thanks
    I think you are depresessed about your life so you are trying to fly in the sky.
    pl think about your beautiful young man life.

think about.........

thanks

mihir
    THANKS & REGARDS.
    MIHIR DAS.
    [email]mihir.das@ril.com

Free Friendly Advice-www.theadvicesite.com

Hit us up at theadvicesite.com. Submit your questions about relationships, friendships, careers, etc. to us. The Advice Site is an online advice column that offers readers a chance to submit questions and receive free, informed advice on many of life's pressing issues. The site is updated daily with a new inspirational thought called Your Daily Apple.

The purpose of the site is to encourage and inspire readers to be positive and to live their best life possible. While our opinions are meant to be entertaining, they are birthed out of our genuine concern for humanity and the idea that everyone deserves the fullness of a happy and prosperous life.

Jacob
    theadvicesite.com