Thread: Really need help with blogger layout!

Really need help with blogger layout!

Hello people,

I hope this is the right spot to post my question. I would really need help from a blogger pro, as I am working on a new layout. My host is blogger.com and I use the new templates. However, whenever you make a new post it automatically appears on the front page. I'm planning on adding a navigation bar where I want the front page to represent the first page of the website. Like an introduction what the site is all about. I'll have a "news" section where I want to have all news appear. Is there any way to change something in the code, so when you post news it automatically goes to the "news" section and not front page? I have two staff members that are also posting news for me and whenever they post news it should NOT appear on the front page but should directly be visible at the news category - navigation link. On the front page, I just want to add a few latest news lines, so people know what's new and go to the news page.

It would be really great if there is someone who knows what I am talking about LOL and has already done that!

I hope there will be at least one person who could help me with this issue or at least let me know where I can get that kind of help.

Thanks in advance,

Joey

Red face

This post seems pretty old, But still I would like to comment. That could not be possible if your using blogger. But you may categorize it using labels. You may display it as recent post page, or just display some elements within the post pages or front pages.
    Alexiel - the internet blog
    http://alexiel-blog.blogspot.com

Alexiel is right. It can't be done.

But I have a suggestion. You can create 2 blogs. Say, the 1st one is joeydc.blogspot.com and the 2nd one is joeydc1.blogspot.com

Blog 1 will only have a main home page which you can design to act like a front page with no blog posts. But you would have to switch from using blogger templates to full html and do some text/script writing yourself.

Then all URLs in Blog 1 are actually directed to Blog 2. And the surfing around will continue in Blog 2. You can group posts into categories, eg. news, travel, food. And then note down the URLs in Blog 2 to those categories. And then place these "category URLs" in Blog 1. When a user click on "News" in Blog 1, he will be directed to all the posts under "News" in Blog 2. No one will ever notice the difference as long as the flow of pages is within the same browser window.

If Blog 1 is your "home page", you will need to write a URL link in Blog 2 that says "HOME", which links back to Blog 1.

Hope that's not confusing.
    www.storyofbing.com