Hi All,

I've posted here once about a free software tool that allows you to annotate digital photos and then publish them to blogs.

It is called FotoTagger and it is already used by many digital camera users, and especially travelers, photographers, genealogy researchers, educators, etc. to make pictures more informative.

FotoTagger lets us place location-specific annotation labels on digital images. These labels can include identification notes, comments, links to Web resources that contain additional information, or whatsoever.

So if you need to memorize something captured on a photo, that's a really great tool. Annotations are stored together with the image (in the metadata section of a JPEG file) so there is no risk to loose them. You can share the image through blogs, emails, or Web and annotations will be still there. On the other hand, annotation labels can be hidden in a click so there is no risk to spoil an original picture.

You can take a look at this example to get an idea how FotoTagger annotation looks:
HTML Code:
fototagger.com/products/desktop/whatannotate
A few days ago the new version of FotoTagger has been released. It supports Flickr. It means that you can upload an image annotated with FotoTagger to a Flickr account while all annotations will be converted to editable Flickr notes. Similarly, you can download an image from Flickr back to FotoTagger. All Flickr notes are preserved and transformed to editable FotoTagger annotation.

Additionally, annotated pictures can be shared through blogs - direct publishing to Blogger.com and LiveJournal is supported.

FotoTagger is absolutely free (I mean, really free, there is no spyware and annoying ads). It can be downloaded from
HTML Code:
fototagger.com/downloads
I am using it extensively now for my travel photos. Hope you'll enjoy it
:-)

Jeffrey