Thread: Whom should I date ???

Lightbulb Whom should I date ???

I’m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I don’t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times –that’s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. I’d love to tell her about my feelings, but I don’t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.

Should I date men only, am I straight?

Kate Jones

Well, I think that's entirely up to you and if you are bi, would that be so horrible, if you really worry about this try to get her opinion about all this slightly and if this really makes you very confused, speak with an expert about this, this is sure the best thing: Professional help.

Trying does not hurt, at least most of the times

just be yourself dont worry what others may think

jone..you are who you are.........but before you go down lesbian road, you owe it to yourself to find a few dates with men

Quote Originally Posted by jonekate View Post
    I’m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I don’t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times –that’s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. I’d love to tell her about my feelings, but I don’t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.

Should I date men only, am I straight?

Kate Jones
    Hi Kate,

I guess the first thing I want to say is, please don't drink to mask or try to ignore your feelings. Getting drunk isn't going to make things clearer.

You say you've "dated" this girl a few times ... but you don't know her well enough to speak frankly with her. I don't think you should feel pressured to "pour your heart out" to anyone new in your life. Take your time with her and see if there really is something between you. If there is, you'll know when the right time comes along to discuss your deeper feelings. At this point, it sounds like you don't quite trust her enough to do that.

Only you can ultimately decide on your sexuality. As others have suggested, if you are really conflicted, getting some help in the form of someone trustworthy and objective to talk to would be a great idea. You seem to fear what others will think of you if you are "not straight." Having someone to support you will be important, particularly if your family and friends are not open to alternative lifestyles.

Don't be afraid to be who you are... follow your heart

E.
    Last edited by bloghub; 10-26-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Kate i understand it is very difficult to fight with nature. You shouldalways do things what you like best never try to do things what you dont like. About your relation with the girl. It just depends how that girl takes it . If you tell her your feelings and she make a fun of it then trust me you would fall under great depression. I am man but due to my good relationship with girl i understand thier feelings. So ty to give a check . Kate remember a realtion between a boy and a girl is most beautiful relation on this earth if it has innocent meaning. Dating is not love caring is love. may be there is some boy around you who can bring you out of all this. Give him a chance

Drinking won't solved any problem. We have to faced reality and find the answer. Be confortable of whom you are and start to self analyse your intention. Just stop drinking it make hell more then heaven.