Thread: The Undaground

The Undaground

Hi All,

Looking for any feedback. This blog is updated every Monday thru Friday.

Friends and family say they like it, but when I get a bad haircut, they say they like that too.

[url]http://theundaground.blogspot.com/[/url]

You know what mate, I clicked looked once and wasn’t bothered to read one line of it. Did your posts have headings, did it have images and White why?? You might have a great blog friend but I will never read it because 1º it looked like a thousand others blogs that I did not read this morning and second it did not capture my attention. Sorry, but if you add images and captivating headings you will see that people will start reading your posts. One last thing Why are they so long? If you like posting long topics use that plugin that only shows a few lines of the post then people read and press a “more” button to get the rest.
    Check my blogs and leave a comment of what you liked and disliked.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [url]www.portugalalive.blogspot.com[/url] [url]www.amar-ela.blogspot.com[/url]

Thanks for clicking on the link. Sorry you didn't get to read a line. Yes, this is a standard "Blogger" format. I'm a little more concerned with content than packaging at this point, but I appreciate your critique on the look of the blog. About the template, I'm really just happy with something that is easy on the eyes and won't turn people away.

Your blogs look nice. The photos worked in to the top of the page are well done. I will probably try at some point to spice up the top of my page.

I think the content is really worth looking at actually. You have good content. I understand that using templates are far easier.. I think your a bit harsh emperor. After all your site just looked like a glorified template with a genric looking photoshop on the top for a header. No offence. Some of the best blogs I'v ever seen had nothing for a layout. Look at postsecret.blogspot.com.

If you need any help with spicing up your layout I would be glad to help. I'm a web design student and I'm always willing to give out tips. feel free to vist my blog as well. [url]http://www.tabulas.com/~dyslexicdiary/[/url]

I checked out you blog again today. I saw the first post and read it, why? I saw the images and was interested to find out what they where all about. The first paragraph was so small that I said to myself, this will only take a second to read so why not find out what the images are all about? You still have long posts but now they are organized. If you want tips on getting people to read your blog go to online news papers and magazines, see how quickly they dive your attention to topics that normally never interest you. They are the pros and we must learn with them. I do recommend you use an image for you header.

Now let me reply to Bee. This has nothing to do with templates. This has to do with organizing your work. There are thousand of templates out there that look great but if the content is trash so is the entire blog. I DON’T design my own templates. I got them from here [url]www.thurbroeders.nl[/url]. What I did was transform them to suit my blogs, [url]www.portugalalive.blogspot.com[/url] to look more like a newspaper and [url]www.amar-ela.blogspot.com[/url] “my wife’s” to look like a magazine. Also another reason was so that other people that might have downloaded the same template don’t have a blog exactly like mine and that’s why I motivated him to change.

“I’m a computer science student but that doesn’t make me Bill Gates”
    Last edited by Emperor; 02-04-2006 at 10:17 AM.

I understand that.

Thanks, Bee. I appreciate the feedback. I'll check out your blog as well. As soon as I can figure out what I want the top of the page to look like, I may ask you for some tips.

Hey buddies

Can u please check out my blog counter-strike-cs.blogspot.com and 999desserts.blogspot.com would like to any comments or anything to improve my blogs traffic