Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On-line dating....My experience..3 days down 87 more days to go.

My response to online dating:

Unless your "offline" dating and skills are good, DO NOT do online dating.

Online dating kills whatever is left for people who are not socially skilled to do the offline thing. Even if you had to, or you are good offline, you MUST move your online ventures (people you meet online) offline ASAP for maximum success rate.

I've never really signed up to a proper dating site, but (being the teenager i was) i got myself a Myspace, a Faceparty etc.... and i try to reach out to girls in the local area, so close enough.

To be honest, i don't know what to make of it. I find i can be more comfortable online, talk to people easier, even "promote" myself easier on these online profiles....yet when i try saying "hi" to girls, i very rarely get a response, or it doesnt lead anywhere. (then agian, my "hi" is a paragraph or two)

I just saw what the person said about Online/Offline skills...maybe that person's got a point. I'm kinda shy in real life, and i absolutley cannot go up to a random girl in a bar or a pub anyway.

But i had a thought about this the other day: making connections is easier if your comfortable with the environment around you. If your more comfortable talking to peopel remotely (I.e. dating sites) then perhaps you should give it ago, see where it leads you.

although i really should try and get out more, thinking to onesself is destructive.

making connections with new people around the globe is not bad but online dating is the trend nowadays which is hampering people to perform well while offline.
    ww.hubpages.com/profile/soni2006

Rajinder Soni

Hello

Hello
    Am princess Jeny by name, 24 yrs of age, very good looking girl
    that is loving and caring in nature.tall and fair in complexion
    with a hot sexy slim.I have gone through your profile, then, i
    decide to contact you.kindly get in touch with me through
    [email]jenywiliam2@yahoo.co.uk.So[/email] that i can tell you more about me and
    also exchange pictures with you.Hope to hear from you
    [email]soon.jenywiliam2@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

Free Friendly Advice...

Submit your questions about relationships, friendships, careers, etc. to us. The Advice Site is an online advice column that offers readers a chance to submit questions and receive free, informed advice on many of life's pressing issues. The site is updated daily with a new inspirational thought called Your Daily Apple.

The purpose of the site is to encourage and inspire readers to be positive and to live their best life possible. While our opinions are meant to be entertaining, they are birthed out of our genuine concern for humanity and the idea that everyone deserves the fullness of a happy and prosperous life.

Jacob
    theadvicesite.com

Quote Originally Posted by asitis1111 View Post
    This is my first time here blogging (?), and I read an article about this female taxi driver in NYC doing blogging (is this a correct way to say this?)and it helps her go through daily lives. So I figured, why not try this? It is also my third day since joining one of those match making/ dating websites, and I've got a problem. I am starting to get bored already. I signed up for three months, and I guess I have to stay for that duration anyway even though I might not get good responses. So maybe I just wasted fifty something bucks. Now I read the article today.. I should have found this place earlier because I like to talk about stuff..

Anyway, about the matchmaking website, I sincerely wrote every single word (yeah, 100% my own word). I'm not a good writer, but I was really excited about the possibility of connecting with some desirable women, but I am beginning to find myself getting tired already maybe because I'm not getting the responses that I want. Should I be more patient? I was not like this before, but I think I'm starting to have a short attention span. (But then again, Donald Trump tells readers in one of his books that in order to be successful, "you have to have a short attention span so that way you can get more done faster that way") That makes me feel better. At least he and I have something in common except for the one big difference--billions of dollars.

Anyways, my attitude after three days with the website is like "Hey maybe I don't have what you're looking for for now,but at least you could reply to me!!) I like to stir up some controversy if I can. I throw things at people (not literally) so that people can start talking about things. Maybe my initial intention was just trying to test the water. I don't know. I'm just one curious human being. Here is my observation.

1. Most women pretty much say the same thing. (In fact, I do, too.) Yeah, they like outdoor activities, cuddling, candlelights, adventures and blah, blah, blah. They also look for sincerity, dignity, loyalty and family values in relationship. Me, too! (By the way, it sounds like they are looking for samurai than relationship--This is not what I said. I just heard it on the radio,and I thought that was a good one.) Yeah, I can be your samurai, your protecter and your guardian..:)

2. They don't seem to be the ones that they claim who they really are. How did I find out? I e-mailed them especially those who claim to be open to any discussion, be willing to hear any stories, and etc. Can they just say "hello" back to me? Maybe they all have short attention span.. I don't know. Maybe they are all successful.

3. What's really interesting is that I did get some responses. Some nice ones, too. But no photos. I don't mean to be superficial, but I do want to see what they look like.

4. WHat about the ones sending me e-mails without their names when I introduced myself with my real name? Are they really cautious? I'm getting a little bit careful as to give my name in the first place? What is a good eitquette?

Anyway, thanks for reading my rambling. I want everyone's honest opinion/feedback/ comment.

Ciao
    A former ESL student from Seattle.
    By the way, Go Seahawks!!
    Ha, I love this thread! Online dating is interesting- a friend and I discussed once on how the whole concept of datng someone online is completely backwards from meeting someone in person.

When you meet someone in person- you get initially attracted to the physical chemistry-stature, smell, mannerisms, etc. and then after you date each other you get to know the personality.

With online dating you get to know the personality first. You may have all the same things in common, but when you meet him and realize he doesn't wear deodorant, that can be the ultimate dealbreaker.

I online date and how I feel about it is that what you get into it is what you get out of it. It will not help you if you go on there half-heartedly. Just as when you go into a bar and don't make eye contact with people and wonder why you never meet anyone.

there is no harm in trying, especially when venturing just try all possibilty, just don't rush it give it time and patience is always rewarded by nature...just keep at it....

Been There

Most people, not all, using online dating are usually rejects. And most woman never hardly have an up to date photo. Just be careful. Believe half of what you see, and none of what they say.

lmao
    online dating is fun to some extent
    ur invited to my blogs
    http://celeblinkage.blogspot.com http://360clockwise.blogspot.com

Well, I got into some dating sites, such as be2 and EHarmony and Parship. The thing of these sites is that you have to go through a personality test. I liked the test part, but haven't found anyone that I really like. I don't know how effective it is to find someone through dating sites. But you should always give it a try! I recently was invited to a wedding of someone who found her partner through a dating site )))