Thread: Adsense serving UK ads at me

elgharib2008 Guest

Adsense serving UK ads at me

Hi
    The ads that are showing on my pages are perfectly targeted to the content - but I seem to be getting a high number of UK sites in the results.

I don't have any UK references on the page - like most sites I gear things on the assumption that 80% of my visitors are from the USA.

In my Adsense sign up, my address is given as from the UK - are they using this information to assume that just because I live in the Uk, my website is probably targeted at UK visitors?

This is going to ruin my CTR - most of these UK sites are not going to interest 80% of users.

Quote Originally Posted by elgharib2008 View Post
    Hi
    The ads that are showing on my pages are perfectly targeted to the content - but I seem to be getting a high number of UK sites in the results.

I don't have any UK references on the page - like most sites I gear things on the assumption that 80% of my visitors are from the USA.

In my Adsense sign up, my address is given as from the UK - are they using this information to assume that just because I live in the Uk, my website is probably targeted at UK visitors?

This is going to ruin my CTR - most of these UK sites are not going to interest 80% of users.

Your reply button here is giving a quote as well as the quote button! Anyway, I'm UK based and I don't get a high number of UK Adsense sites. It may be a pain but you could try blocking the ones you don't want. The danger is that if you block too many ads you might end up with the ones left being less targeted, or payng you less than the ones you blocked. Generally I block ads which advertise a service in a particular town. Very few people will click on that sort of ad. whatever country it comes from.

Peter

[url]http://www.seniorwalkingfitnessblog.com[/url]