Thread: FOR THE GUYS - please answer!!!

Question FOR THE GUYS - please answer!!!

I find once again, that i'm back in the dating scene...

so, the age old question is:

What do guys look for in a girl?

Short term relationship:

Long-term Relationship:

Thanks sooo much...i've got butterflies in my stomach...leaving now...

Exclamation Ahh, Good Question!

Okay, I will jump into this one... I have been divorced for twenty-five years and have had a few serious relationships; none of which panned out - until I met Tracy. We are authors & columnists - Tracy is a ninth grade English teacher, a romance writer & I am a photographer, computer tech, antique car nut, non-fiction writer. Tracy and I have a long term relationship - which is based on five important factors:

1. Dry Humor - We enjoy using our spontaneous sense of humor to create a happy & relaxed atmosphere. At any given moment, we will launch into the most ridiculous kind of thought process on any given word, subject, or situation. Even a town's name - that sounds funny to begin with, can not escape our dry humor. Laughter really makes a relationship harmonious.

2. Serious Discussions - We tackle a serious situation and or subject head-on, and do not stop the discussion until it is researched completely. Once we have agreed in principle - there is always room for amendments. Conversation is Key.

3. Doing the Unexpected - Here is a great example: Tracy & I were walking through the Rushmore Mall - and a favorite Beatles song came over the speakers. We began to dance to the music, and I even twirled her around a few times. People stopped and stared at us - then began to laugh.

4. Giving Each Other Time Alone - Space - Tracy has her hobbies and I have mine. Sometimes we will just go off into our own little world for a while and do what we enjoy - separately. We have common interests and enjoy sharing them with each other. Time Alone & Shared Interests is Vital.

5. Respecting Each Other's Belief Systems - Tracy and I are "wired" differently. We have different beliefs (religion, politics, etc). We respect each others thoughts and actions with regard to our different programming. However, we are adaptable and modify our belief systems accordingly. No One is Right - No One is Wrong. We pay attention and respect each other's boundaries.

There are other factors which are very personal and private. However, if one were to employ the above - a relationship will grow and will remain solid. I hope this has assisted you in your quest to gain knowledge regarding a successful relationship.

Argile Stox
    Last edited by argilestox; 01-09-2006 at 09:37 PM.

that she has humour, trsustworthy, trusting me, not jelious (for no reason anyway), helpful, a generally nice person to hang out with

Well, while girls look for certain qualities in a guy like:

1- looks

2- his ability to turn around their emotions or switch attraction (personality, in layman's terms)... which all include being authorative, not needy, mystic, humourous, sometimes cocky funny, cool ...etc.

Guys on the other hand get turned on for a girl who has these 3 qualities:

1- looks

2- looks

3- looks

LOL just kidding. This must sound shallow, but YES looks play a big part but certainly are NOT the only thing a guy wants. They can be enough if the guy only wants sex, but soon enough he'll get tired of her, if she is shallow. I once dated a model who used to take a s**t right there in the toilet infront of me when I was shaving....GROSS!

argilestox made some very good points..... you have to respect each other, you have to act GIRLY (leave men's stuff to them).... fun to talk to, teaser, toucher, share at least 1 or 2 common interests, being popular or being desired by other men he knows of or at least having some male friends, having a bit of "game" , not getting into debates or arguments with him but instead going along with him, avoiding to talk about politics/religious especially on the first meetings.....etc..

There certainly are others I forgot to mention ,,,but that is what I recall now....the most important one is being SEXUAL...not good looking , but sexual... I can remember felling for many not very good looking girls, but sexual girls,,,doesn't matter if I was looking for long or short relashionship, she has to be sexual and girly,,,,that also doesn't mean to be rude or direct or something,,,just be sexy.

Hey Mystery... this reminds me of something said by Jeff Foxworthy in one of his stand-up routines... and I'm going to paraphrase here, so bear with me...

Women like to think that men have deeper thoughts (which is why they always ask "honey what are you thinking?") but they really don't. Men, no matter what their age, are only thinking two things: I'd like a beer and I'd like to see somethin' nekkid.

Men are amusing LOL
    [URL="http://thoughts2page.blogspot.com/"]http://thoughts2page.blogspot.com[/URL]
    Kids, work, relationships, parenting... and the unfailing ability to have an opinion on just about anything!