Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Traffic

Getting Traffic

Hi everyone

I am new to blogging etc. I am on my first and it has been up and running for a couple of weeks. I have registered with quite a few blog directories and i have submitted a couple of articles onto various article websites but i have not had any traffic. I know it does not happen overnight but i would like some advice on what else i could do.

Best Regards

sjames01

Just keep going. Do a lot of articles, look at social bookmarking, forums. Never buy traffic. I found a cool tool to check out your site's SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), it may be better for older sites, but have a look. You can compare your site with other people's and it suggests things you can do to improve it. Also it's free. [url]http://www.website.grader.com[/url]

Peter
    [url]http://www.seniorwalkingfitnessblog.com[/url]
    Last edited by Peter Stockwell; 04-10-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for the info
    Much appreciated

One more thing. Don't forget Blog Carnivals. I had a massive spike in my traffic last week and didn't know why. Then I remembered I was on a Blog Carnival that day. You can find them on blogcarnival.com just register then look for a subject in your niche and offer the best article you have. Everybody looks at each others articles on the same day.

Promote your blog

you want more traffic and Ranks Promote your Blog; Fave for Fave - Tecnorati;Exchange Links/RSS; Create Discussions; Digg; Stumble; Tweet; Promote your referral links; Do Blog Reviews
    < a href="http://yogasanas-info-guide.blogspot.com">Learn Yoga-Asana Exercises and Cure of Diseases </a>

find other bloggers within your industry..doesn't have to be competition obviously but somewhat related. Offer to do cross promotion where you blog about something they blogged about, and vice versa. You share readership in a way and both benefit.
    GameFriends.com <-- 100% Ad Sharing Social Network!

Social bookmark sites

There are a ton of them out there and I am amazed at how helpful it can be.

I have had a few Stumbles, and that was good, but some of the lesser known sites have built me better and returning audiences.

I wouldn't give up on these!

Thanks for the advice, I will definately be doing what you guys suggested!

Bookmark your blog

write more good content,then submit your blog to article sites and bookmark sites,it would take you traffics.
    ChinaJiaho - The Best Electronics Wholesaler in China.