Thread: Burn After Reading

Burn After Reading

A film by the Coen brothers. I watched it last week, and had a mixed feelings for it.

It starts off with a CIA agent who's being demoted, later quits his job. He decides to do a memoir about his life as an agent. Unknowingly, his wife is secretly cheating on him, and decides to divorce him. She copied some information from his PC, later the data falls into the hand of the gym coach... then all hell break loose! More chaos on the way.. Overall, it was not too bad, but not briliant either. I'm not quite satisfied on how they end the story. But well, it's a comedy, a dark one.. what do you guys think?
    wchingya.blogspot.com ~ Free ebook for new subscribers!
    drama-sum-it-up.blogspot.com ~ Prison Break, latest.

Have yet watched it. The trailer looks pretty good. Brad Pitt is in it right? That shall lure all the ladies to the theater.

I liked it for how they put regular flawed characters into these big plots and watch how their own frail humanity destroys them. Brad Pitt's character is an excellant example of this. I'm never sure what's gona happen next which automatically engrosses me. Was a lot lighter than Fargo, but still dark enough.
    Da Dominion.com/Blog: the ridiculous Truth on Entertainment and Society from a Geek perspective with a weekly podcast of explicit debate.
    Sharp humor, dull world.

very bad!!!!!

I thought this movie was awful.The whole thing was boring and I expected better from the Coen Bros.
    jigsawslair.blogspot.com

have not watched it yet.Would like to check it whether is so awful

That movie is great. It's hilarious and random (yet realistic). It was anything but predictive and as a result quite absorbing.

It was quite entertaining.
    http://www.teenageatheist.com
    Teenage Atheist