Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help to increase traffic

Western burb of Chicago (S) and Southern burb of Chicago (K)

Help to increase traffic

Our site is drawing somewhat good hits, our site counter is @ 999 after one month of operation, but we would like to get more traffic.

We've listed on most of the catalog sites, but were looking for some more ways to increase traffic... we're open to any suggestions. Thanks.

SmutWriter Guest
    I wrote an article some time ago in regards to drawing in traffic to your site but I don't want to spam the forum with it. Some good tips are:

1. Write articles and submit them to article directories.
    2. Write a press release and submit to pr outlets.
    3. Join traffic exchange sites (it wont be quality traffic just fyi)
    4. Give away something useful such as a plugin or an informative tip sheet or something that people in your industry need and will come to your site for.
    5. Write on a few topics that are in the news. For example, today is the anniversary of 9/11 so people are going to be searching for information on this. Writing an article about will draw in search engine hits at the very least.
    6. Last but not least, get out there and be active in the blogosphere. People will visit your blog if you visit theirs and leave a comment. As long as you don't spam them.

Hope these help. Good luck

1.Take part in forums that are related to your blog.
    2. Be sure to claim your blog at Technorati.com
    3.Be sure to ping your blog each time you update it.
    4. Frequent updates will send the spiders out to your blog.
    5. Publish an RSS/Atom/XML feed. If you're using Blogger, you can turn on RSS feed by clicking on settings in your dashboard and then clicking on site feed and make sure that your settings are set to yes.
    6. Carefully choose your subject titles, taking into consideration what other internet users may be searching for. Use keywords in your title. I suggest subscribing to Word Tracker. Their report of the most popular searches is published each Tuesday and distributed to over 30,000 subscribers.
    7. Be sure to include your blog address in forum signatures and in your email signature.
    8. Add a sitemap to your blog.

Also include your keywords within the title and description, make sure you should have quality content that visitors find worth to read.

good tips .. thanks guys ,,

I wouldn't suggest the autohit websites as it's bad for adsence if you are running any. try submitting more articles or just submit your blog to more directories.

Sure to get banned from Adsense?

I have heard traffic exchange programs get you banned from Adsense?

One more thing keep doing link submission ( not through software as it comes under scanner ) ... we will get lot of traffic from different source...

Quote Originally Posted by vinpanther View Post
    I have heard traffic exchange programs get you banned from Adsense?
    Absolutely right, quickest way to get banned from Adsense. I just use traffic exchanges for affiliate program pages.
    [URL="http://adsensead.blogspot.com"]Make Money Google Adsense[/URL] [URL="http://budget-travel.brilliant4biz.com"]Cheap Travel Worldwide[/URL]
    [URL="http://dogs.brilliant4biz.com"]Dog Training and Allergies[/URL]

write good articles.
    Online Opportunities
    gnaka.com