Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single, but I don't want to be

Unhappy Single, but I don't want to be

Nothing sucks more than falling for your best friend... we talked about it once before and I know we both feel the same way, I just don't know if I want to do anything about it or not... he's fantastic! In EVERY way possible he is the guy for me, I know this! But I don't know what to do... will this ruin our friendship if we try to make the transition from friends to lovers?

If you don't even try, you will regret it. Even if it doesnt work out, at least you tried.

Look, you'll never know if you don't try.

Sometimes the best relationships out there start from a friendship, you already know them, you know what they like and don't like, you won't drag them off to do something they don't want to, and they won't drag you off to do something you don't want to do.

If you like each other in the same way why not try, the transion will be okay. Everyone is nervous about that, but if it really where a problem...then why would you have those feelings and why would anyone do it?

Just thoughts.
    Traneei.

Broken dreams,

There is no such thing as best friends among opposite sex. They are attraction to each other disguise as close friendship. If you want him go for him. If he wants you he will accept you. The conseqeuence is if it doesn't work, you will lose him as what you call your best friend. He is just as fair game as anyone you meet in the street.

Good luick.

Hi all
    Transition from friends to lovers? it's like loto you might lose a close friend or win the loto which is love
    Good luck broken_dreams
    yours Majali

pretty damn sure that sucks...

Still the same thing there..take a risk..u nv know till u try..life has enough regrets..dun make a new one for urself

What does women look for in fact?

As much as saying need to try, here is a guy's question, same old but serious question, but wanting to hear insightful and first hand answer from women, hmm.. most generally likely, what does women look for in priority? Look, Character, Money, Humor, Fun, sweet, spicy, and/or...?

Quote Originally Posted by apeng View Post
    Broken dreams,

There is no such thing as best friends among opposite sex. They are attraction to each other disguise as close friendship. If you want him go for him. If he wants you he will accept you. The conseqeuence is if it doesn't work, you will lose him as what you call your best friend. He is just as fair game as anyone you meet in the street.

Good luick.
    I beg to disagree. My best friend is a girl and we've been such since 1995. My wife and her are good friends. Platonic relationships are possible between men and women I believe.

Anyway, Broken Dreams, it really is up to you if you want to risk it. Some friendships can survive it, others can't. How strong is your relationship with this guy? Do you have any idea how he might feel about you? If you do get together and then break up, would your friendship be lost as well? Loving ultimately, is a risk. So be wary. Look before you leap. Best of luck girl.

Once you've fallen, it's almost impossible to go back! I think you have to at least TRY, just so you don't spend the rest of your life with the 'what if' in your head.

Go for it!
    Love life, Live love - it is incredizible!