Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Single, but I don't want to be

Question confused?

yea i have a similar problem:

So my best best friend is of the opposite sex, an extremely gorgeous girl that any guy in our grade would love to date. After knowing her for a year since moving from out of state, I am starting to fall for her.

The problem is she just broke up with one of my friends that I'm also close with after they dated for a year and still somewhat have feelings for each other.

But she sends me mixed messages sometimes with overly nice comments. Not just to be a friend but ones that seem to turn me on for her. We write long notes to each other in class, and flirt but still maintain that we are just best friends. But I feel more than that. I WANT more than that and I don't know what to do.

Anyone who can help in any kind of way is greatly appreciated

Definitely worth trying

TRY!!! If you don't, you will always wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by broken_dreams View Post
    Nothing sucks more than falling for your best friend... we talked about it once before and I know we both feel the same way, I just don't know if I want to do anything about it or not... he's fantastic! In EVERY way possible he is the guy for me, I know this! But I don't know what to do... will this ruin our friendship if we try to make the transition from friends to lovers?
    i don't think it should ruin your friendship necessarily. i dated my real good friend once (not best friend but still...) and despite it not working out, we're still pretty good friends.

hi,

how r u?
    y r u so...
    be my friend

linda_sorry(at)yahoo(dot)com

Free Friendly Advice-www.theadvicesite.com

Submit your questions about relationships, friendships, careers, etc. to us. The Advice Site is an online advice column that offers readers a chance to submit questions and receive free, informed advice on many of life's pressing issues. The site is updated daily with a new inspirational thought called Your Daily Apple.

The purpose of the site is to encourage and inspire readers to be positive and to live their best life possible. While our opinions are meant to be entertaining, they are birthed out of our genuine concern for humanity and the idea that everyone deserves the fullness of a happy and prosperous life.

Jacob
    theadvicesite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Mordo View Post
    I beg to disagree. My best friend is a girl and we've been such since 1995. My wife and her are good friends. Platonic relationships are possible between men and women I believe.

Anyway, Broken Dreams, it really is up to you if you want to risk it. Some friendships can survive it, others can't. How strong is your relationship with this guy? Do you have any idea how he might feel about you? If you do get together and then break up, would your friendship be lost as well? Loving ultimately, is a risk. So be wary. Look before you leap. Best of luck girl.
    I am still undecided about this- I hear one thing about men and women can't be friends, and then here comes an exception.

I think I'll start a new post.

purple
    glamourgirlnow.com

u know somthing me too want to try this cuz really i loved my close friend
    http://nezogames.blogspot.com/

You could, but be warned, the guys you're going to meet at a club probably aren't looking for anything serious or long term, i.e. an actual girlfriend. Ok, I could be wrong here, but new years eve is an excuse for everyone to go out get drunk and perhaps go on the pull..
    So go out, have fun, but don't expect too much.
    As for not wanting to be single, perhaps stop looking - for some weird reason I always tend to be find that guys find me at the time when I'm not really looking for anything. It's strange.
    Anyway hope you're well and merry xmas.

its okay to be single
    dont worry u wont be one soon
    ur invited to my blogs
    http://celeblinkage.blogspot.com http://360clockwise.blogspot.com