Thread: Having some blog troubles...

Having some blog troubles...

Hey everyone.

Well, i just started getting into blogging and have created my first blog. There are still many problems with it and things I want to add by at the moment the biggest problem is that for some reason, everyone now and then, randomly, my blog with revert to a simple white page instead of the template that i currently have. Currently my blog has a nice design with black and blue but it randomly transforms into a simple white blog and its driving my crazy. Any veterans know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Never have this problem before, just loose the content two of my blogs once, one and a half years ago. Anyway, your problem seem to be different. While you cannot post the URL here , at least let us know what blogging engine you're using as well as if the template is one chosen from the list of templates or you created it by coding something.

all best,
    radu

thanks for the response.

Well, im using Blogger to host it. And the blog template is one I found online, it was made with coding and looks really nice. It shows up on my blog perfectly but it will randomly go away and I will be left with a compeletely white blog with nothing but my writing. This lasts to anout 15 mins to an hour, never really timed it though.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

hi there, you should save the template you want in order to stay permanently or maybe you have problems in your PC like corrupt files.
    to check your template status, make another template ,just for a test sample if it works correctly, if not, then you have problems in your pc and not in your blog.

Hi,
    The advice to try with another template is a good one, we have to isolate the problem in order to help. Of course, another idea would be to try the same template with another blog, just for test.
    Also, you could look carefully in the template you're using (and having problems with) to see the links to external sites. It could be that they are using a css file that is hosted on onother site (css could contains all the formating of the site). So, when that site is down you see a blank page because no formatting is applied. The same happens if they change the location of the css on that server.

For the moment I don't think at problems with your PC because all tghe files of a blog (both template and the content itself) are stored on the blogger site, so nothing to do with the PC. Let's test and see, let us know !

All best,
    Radu