Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optimizing website

Wink optimizing website

which do you think is the most effective way that burst web traffic?

A. exchange links?
    b.forum posting?
    c.blog commenting?
    d social bookmarking?
    e. if any alternatives please specify
    Last edited by chingkkay; 10-12-2007 at 06:09 AM. Reason: sorry guys i forgot the options

Promotion well done, and not in a spamming way.

social bookmarking, directory submission, leaving comments on other site that is related to your site, joining other forums..

I agree with the above posts, but I have to mention that content is a must in getting good amount of trafic.
    So I'd start from content. For my blog about Vlad the Impaler I first added a decent quantity of content, then promoted it. Now I came back to adding some content.
    At the end, is a matter of balance between the time spent for adding content and the time for promoting the site. Once you have the good balance, go on and put the effor into it and the result will appear.

All best,
    Radu
    Last edited by Dracula; 10-07-2007 at 07:33 PM.

i think joining forums is the best but the most difficult because you have to represent yourself well... you have to gain people's trust first..
    HELLOPHILIPPINES.BLOGSPOT.COM
    A friendly, must see blog that offers easy tips and tricks, guides, trivia and information about the Philippines. Tuloy po kayo!

Joining a forum is not enough.
    Posting in forums, coming with usefull advices and solutions to people's problems will bring you the authority in a domain. Also, I think posting in forums do help promote the website, but it rather help promoting the business itself directly.

All best,
    Radu

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I agree with the above posts, but I have to mention that content is a must in getting good amount of trafic.
    So I'd start from content. For my blog about Vlad the Impaler I first added a decent quantity of content, then promoted it. Now I came back to adding some content.
    At the end, is a matter of balance between the time spent for adding content and the time for promoting the site. Once you have the good balance, go on and put the effor into it and the result will appear.

All best,
    Radu
    i agree with Dracula... having original contents in your blog makes more traffic..
    it makes visitors go back and take a look at your blog..

Quote Originally Posted by ghing View Post
    i agree with Dracula... having original contents in your blog makes more traffic..
    it makes visitors go back and take a look at your blog..
    ..and even makes them tell others about your blog.
    But for the original content you have to put a lot of efforts, passion and time in your blog.

radu

so joining forums like this help.. i hope so because im just starting now..
    check out my blog...

http://technologyandcomputer.blogspot.com/

Interacting.

belemasporttalk.com