Thread: Hiya

Smile Hiya

Hi everyone, i'm new to Bloggerhub. Short introduction abt myself.. well,i'm a singaporean gal turning 21 end of this year and currently studying at Uni of Melbourne, majoring in Gender and Cultural Studies.

I think there is no better way to know me than to visit my blog.
    So, do drop by my blog www.miracleprincess.blogspot.com!

Cheerios,
    Lady_Jac

Looks awesome. Just looking at that makes me miss university. hehe. I graduated last year.

yo Lady_jac,

welcome abroad. I'm currently studying at Monash university.. doing it locally in singapore
    glad that you are in australia doing your degree. Must enjoy!! hmm.. your course look so cool. Gender studies? hehe.. study what stuffs?

btw, just saw your blog. pretty nicely design

oh.. someone turning 21 soon ... do enjoy your 21th birthday :P

rellie: hi,thanks for popping by. where did u grad from? =)
    speaking of missing school days,i miss my poly days too...

jayzee: hiya,again,thanks for dropping by. yup,am trying to enjoy as much as i can but compared to my frens studying in monash here,i'm the busiest. i suspect it's just uni of mel,they are very academic which means lotsa readings to do! as for my course...haha,i'm enjoying it very much!

here's an overview of wat i study in gender studies:Gender studies (formerly women's studies) offers a unique opportunity from which to study a variety of topics and issues relating to gender and society.

The program places particular emphasis on recent developments in Australian and Asia-Pacific gender relations and feminisms. Subjects within gender studies draw on examples from Australia and the Asia-Pacific region in order to develop students appreciation of Australia's location within the Asia-Pacific region and the implications of Australia's own colonial history. Situated within one of the leading history departments in Australia, the interdisciplinary program in gender studies both draws on and extends the department's research interests.

Gender studies addresses a range of issues that include gender, family and mothering; gender and sexuality; gender and colonialism; gender and identity; gender and nationalism; and Australian, Asian, and global feminisms. The program draws on a core of subjects taught by lecturers in gender studies and a wide range of subjects available within other areas of study. These include subjects drawn from anthropology, art history, Australian studies, cinema studies, criminology, English, French, history, history and philosophy of science, Islamic studies, linguistics and applied linguistics, philosophy, political science, social theory and sociology.

btw,i won't be turning 21 till end of this year.still some way to go...=p
    wat are u studying in monash?

I graduated from UNSW.

Lady Jac,

Good blog

david