Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New To Blogging, How much content does a blog need before going public?

New To Blogging, How much content does a blog need before going public?

Hello everyone, My name Josh and i have started my first blog. It is a food blog and I am enjoying it very much. However, i am struggling a bit with the decision on whether or not to go public with it yet. So i pose the question, how much content does a blog need to have before you set it free in the world? Or, is there and upside to going full blast right from the beginning and letting the readers enjoy the growth of the blog as well? I am excited to hear everyone's thoughts on this topic! Have a great day and happy blogging!

content is important, not a specific number

quality over quantity

Hey Josh, release your blog to the world. As Themommylady85 said, quality over quantity. Of course, the more content you produce, the more Google will see your blog as topically authoritative (if you are blogging about one topic or a set of closely related topics), but there is no prerequisite to quantity.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by EatMentalFood View Post
    Hello everyone, My name Josh and i have started my first blog. It is a food blog and I am enjoying it very much. However, i am struggling a bit with the decision on whether or not to go public with it yet. So i pose the question, how much content does a blog need to have before you set it free in the world? Or, is there and upside to going full blast right from the beginning and letting the readers enjoy the growth of the blog as well? I am excited to hear everyone's thoughts on this topic! Have a great day and happy blogging!
    I believe you should because it is important to release content - just document instead of create

Love this strategy!

release your blog to the world

Your blog is public immediately. But if you're asking how much content it needs to start promoting, not much but enough to engage your audience and keep them there.
    SenselessBlogger.com

Thumbs up Pillar Content

What you will have to do is create 3 thoroughly written post about your niche (unlike the animal niche in the blogging world a niche is what you write about)

This type of content is known as pillar content.

Then your blog is ready for the world.
    http://games-gameworld.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your post. I have just joined today and have never blogged in my life. This is my second post but I aprecciate the little pieces and education.

Thanks, Sincerely