Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to create an on-mouse comment in posts?

Thanks Zuzy,

You can "bug" me anytime, I'm glad to help when I can. If you have any other problems don't hesitate to ask.
    I really don't know exactly what Vlad III Dracula was eating (except for drinking bloody mary coctails). For sure there was no junk food in the middle-ages, people in Wallachia was doing agriculture even more than in Transylvania, also hunting. There are a lot of rivers in the area, so fish should have been part of them weekly menu. Wine was largely appreciated in that part of the world, it was even part of the corronation ceremony in Wallachia (together with an olive oil prepared in Constantinopole - they where not eating the oil, just were being "oiled" - by the church heads.
    However if you know more about the dishes in medieval age, I'd be happy to work with you to an article on this theme. You could host the article on your blog and I'll just write two lines and link to it for details.

[Edited]: I remembered there was a TV documentary (on Discovery Channel I think) saying that middle age food was really spicy and salty. Salty because of conservation reasons, of course.

All best,
    Radu
    Last edited by Dracula; 07-05-2007 at 03:47 PM.

radu,

that is sooo nice to hear, thanx. Trust me, i will not dissapoint you, I ALWAYS have a problem with my blog

So, How would I create that pretty calendar that lots of bloggers have? It should be very simple, friendly and marks all the days when I posted something (as well as current day)

I ll think about the medevial food article. Meat is not my favorite, so my knowledge in that area is similar to my tech PC knowledge (very amateur)...
    On the oter hand, I looooove spices, chilies, herbs and salt, ... I am sure Vlad III. must have enjoyd at least one type of vegetable. I ll see what I can do

Zooza

Well, sincerely I don't know a page using the calendar, even if I figure our how it is like. If you see one somewhere on the 'net please send me the address of the blog so that I can have a look and help you. In fact, I think I'd like to have it also on my blog .

If it is blogger offering the tool for them, we shall find a way to do it. If they use other blogging services, it might be slightly more difficult, not impossible however.

About cooking for Vlad III ...well I think you should have done some good food elsewhere you would have had problems, with the risk of becoming...his food. (just joking about this one, there are no real proofs about canibalism, just suppositions). Anyway the guy seems to have been a bad boy !

all best,
    Radu

hey again,

nandyala.org/mahanandi/ again her. She has amazing blog. It s strange she doesnt have a FEED on her site to subscribe to. Is that site even a blog?

Well, I see it, in fact I found a similar calendar looking for some IT info few hours ago. The problem is both blogs are "Powered by wordpress/Neuro" (see the bottom line on her blog). Well, I'll think of somehing for blogger...but I have no idea right know about how to do it.

I think it is a real blog, just that she doesn't want everybody to use the info there. There are many blogs done more or less with feeds, the guys do no work and drive nice amounts of traffic.

all best,
    radu

hi Radu,

i was just going to tell you about that. I found out that all the calendars i looked at were powered by Wordpress (darn....) Well, well... cannot have everything.

Actually I think I am quite ready with what I have for now. It s about the time to start focusing on the concept rather than design, so people can come and actually read something.

I was gonna ask one more thingy.

I used to have this cute free site stat by Neo Counter. A 14 day free trial. Now they just told me that my period is about to expire and if i dont pay i ll use my statistics. They ve already switched to the crappy free widget design which i dont like, but i am afraid that starting from ZERO site stat will be their next step.
    Well, I am a cheap ass and dotn want to pay for the luxury...

I have other accounts with Google analytics and Feedburner. Is it possible with one of them to publish their little box that will show how many readers I ve had so far ? I know that there are sites like Sitemeter that do that, but I just dont feel like opening an account now and start from 0, u know what i mean?

Thanx

Hi Zlamushka

Well, me too I think you should better concentrate on concept (read content …and promoting) rather than on design. I mean your site looks pretty good, and after you get some constant visitors any design improvement will be seen as a bonus, as a proof that the blog is active and running

For the stats I use webstat . com on my site about [URL="http://www.outdoorholiday.com"]Hiking in Carpathian Mountains[/URL] and it works pretty well. Have a look on the site, on the bottom of the first page. Is a free service; if you want to pay for it you can use it even without displaying the counter; in fact lately I check more often the site’s own installed analytics service, I needed webstat more for the list of visitors’ countries. In fact, I didn’t want the counter to be really visible, I don’t think a visitor is very interested of knowing he’s the 305-th visitor but is more interested on the content itself And if I record well you can set webstat (as well as the majority if your browser to start from a predefined number, instead of zero).

For my blog about Vlad the Impaler and for the one about [URL="http://outdoorholiday.blogspot.com"]Traveling, Tourism and Outdoor Living[/URL] I use traffic . ro they make you display them banner but they provide good info and I’m satisfied with that info.

I don't use Google analytics and Feedburner so I cannot help with them, but there are many free stats tools that will do what you need. ( for just the number of visits you can use google stat tools (the one that you see in your adsense/google account) but I'd go for something more complete, therefore more helpful).

All best, let me know if there are any other problems,
    Radu