Thread: Totally NEW to Blogging

Red face Totally NEW to Blogging

Wow! When I was in college I was more into chatting online with irc, but now this blogging thing is kinda mind boggling. It is very interesting though, to know that I can express my every thought to strangers with some anonymity and become more honest and truthful with myself and others. Sounds great! Sign me up.

Well a little bit about me, I am from the Chicago area, i like poems, traveling on the road of life and trying to figure the ins and outs(a bit hard right now, but I think I can take it on). I am 29 and as I look back at my life ....hmm...I guess everyone changes, but I am not fully the same person I was when I was 19. I think age and experience sometimes brings on a lot of unhappy thoughts and thoughts on where is my life going. I am still trying to decide where my life is going so I am not working right now, but will go back to work soon. I guess it seems that at 29 I still feel like I did at 19 not really knowing exactly where I want to be at and more importantly what I want to do with my life, my career, ect... Hmmm.. What do you guys think? Anyone with more experience than me that can add some light to this situation called life and what you expect out of it and where the road should be leading?

Well hello Cheri,

Firstly, thank you kindly for your message. Secondly can I just say that how you are feeling now is exactly how I felt just a few years ago. Isn't it wierd that when one start's approaching 30 that these thoughts start rumbling through one's mind. I'm 35yrs old and from England. I woke up one morning when I was about 28 and suddenly realised that I wasn't going anywhere with my life!!

I was lucky that I was generally happy with my job but otherwise was single and just existing. I had a small but close circle of friends and didn't really venture out very far. It was time for a change.

Within a few weeks, I was trekking through the desert in Egypt with a compay called Explore - during the trip I met some wonderful people who were also on the trip (I'm still in regular contact with 2 of them now). Since then I have carried on my normal life for most of the year - but for a few weeks I go exploring. My circle of friends has grown enormously and my understanding of life has a whole new context.

Anywayz, enough of my ramblings for now. Please feel free to come to my blogsite anytime. And I look forward to speaking to you again sometime.

Kindest regards

Graham
    [url]http://grahamettridge.blogspot.com[/url]