Thread: regarding pingbacks, and how to use them

regarding pingbacks, and how to use them

hi folks,
    I have a wordpress blog. On the stats page, there are 3 incoming links for my posts, but I have a lot of pingbacks, which I have added as comments.Can any body tell me how to include these pingbacks, so that it shows that these sites have referred to my posts?
    thx
    If you never fail, then you are not trying hard enough.

great question

I have read up on this and actually handled them the way you are. In my opinion it is the most likely and best way to use them.

Comments?

Incoming links and pingbacks are different.

If I mention something in my blog and place a URL that links to an article/post in your blog, that would generate a pingback to you for that post, regardless of whether or not I visited that post.

The statistics in WP that you see are ACTUAL visitors that come into your site from another site. If visitors to my site click on the URL that leads to your site, WP stats would capture that as a visit/view for you.
    www.storyofbing.com

Blogger blogs mention the ability for pingbacks, yet I haven't seen any on my blog even though there are 2 blogs that mention my page in their posts. I've used 3 different templates before deciding on this final one and none of the templates show pingbacks. There is an option in the settings to turn them off and on, but still no pingbacks are shown. Just find it odd is all...