Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any webhosting recommendations?

Any webhosting recommendations?

As I indicated in my intro post, I don't currently have a blog, although I am looking into starting one. Before I do though, I have some questions about hosting.

I got a bunch of material from an outfit called hostmagix.com which also offers hosting...at 39.95/month. They claim that that's because they provide support for people who want to use blogs as income generators, but it seems excessive.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them and tell me if blogging on their site is worth the expense, or if I would be better off purchasing my own domain(s) and finding someplace less expensive to host it(them), or using one of the free services like blogger. Any advice?

Thanks all.
    Last edited by bloghub; 07-25-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Is for the first time I see that site now, so I know nothing about them. However, IMHO USD 40/mo seems a huge amount to pay for hosting your blog. I read on the first page "Michael in California get’s over 1.5 million readers on his blog, pulling in well over $60,000 in ad revenue each month." On another page Michael A. get only 6000 USD each month....is that the same person ?
    I have nothing against testimonials on website, we do have some of them on this Adventure Tours site, but they are ALL TRUE, put on the website with the permission of our clients (one can contact them anytime on request).
    Then, hosting a website, definitely does not deserve that money. If the membership mean much more, OK, it might be interesting (I see the eBooks, they seem interesting but I think one can buy them for a few USD, no need to pay that much). If you just start blogging you might want to:
    - either choose one of the free hosting spaces (that also provides templates for blogging)
    - or buy a regular hosting space for a WebSite (if it'll be a blog, at the end is a websitea anyway). Ask the provider (someone else) to install a blogging tool for you if you just like an easier interface for blogging. This might cost you 10 USD / Year + initial configuration settings.

Just my 2 cents...enjoy blogging, wherever you host your blog !
    Radu
    Last edited by bloghub; 07-25-2007 at 10:42 AM.

$39.95/month is definetly excessive.
    I recommend using Blogger for free. You can register your own domain name... Visit members.plusblogger.com and go to useful extras. Click on the GoDaddy link to register your domain name.
    While you are there see the free support we offer our members (membership is free). Click home to learn more about us and go to our portfolio to see what is possible with blogger templates.
    Hope this helps,
    Last edited by bloghub; 07-25-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Hy there
    I see you need some help
    I can give you an advice i will tell u what i am using and i am very happy with it
    It not worth getting your domain or adding tools as u mentioned u can simply use a free blog hosting and belive e google loves them
    I use mxhub.com and the offer u everything u want u can create 20 different blogs in one account ,no limits for bandwidth and most important no ads and when you'll have traffic you can use adsense to get some cash)
    So good luck
    Last edited by bloghub; 07-25-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    [URL="http://blogsarena.com"]Blogsarena[/URL]

$39/ month for bloggin is really expensive. as far as I can see BlogToolKit.com give a lot of e-book and tools for your bloging business. So, you pay $39/month only to get the knowledge how to successful in bloging.

In the short run, this website can give you incredible boost to make money in your blog. but for the long run, this website will not give you much. since you already know how to success get money from bloging.

So I think you can hosting with paid hosting for about $7 per month. you can install wordpress using fantastico. you can customize with plugin you want and find free theme for your blog.
    At the first year maybe you don't make much money since you don't know much about how to make money using blog. but you can learn from many source like businesseducationsite.com
    So in long run you will more traffic and get more money using your blog.
    Without BlogToolKit.com you still can make a lot of money. but you need to be patient.
    [url="http://www.chris-rudolph.com/Recommends/Wordpress/"]The 118 Most Useful Wordpress Plugins[/url]

No need to spend $40 a month. I suggest you get a free Blogger account and get your feet wet first. If you insist on private hosting, there are many hosting services for under $10 a month and most give you a free domain name to boot.
    [URL="http://blogatech.blogspot.com"]Blogatech[/URL]

That does seem expensive to me. If you're just starting out I'd suggest you go with a lower cost company like DreamHost or BlueHost. They have a "one-click" install for WordPress which is a pretty powerful and not hard to use Blogging program.

Or if you're really new, just start a free Wordpress.com site or Blogger site until you're sure it's something you want to stick with.
    [URL="http://www.uglymailbox.com"]www.uglymailbox.com[/URL]

Go with [url]www.mxhub.com[/url] . They been in web hosting business since 2001. Can be trusted.

That's one expensive package!!! You should try freehosia.com or lovinghosting.com Their interface isn't that great, but their prices are very favourable for the begginer bloggers. I just started using lovinghosting.com, and their support is great.

How about Blog-City?

I've used a few didfferent free blog hosts. You can't go wrong with Blogger, since that's so simple to use, and Adsense is integrated into it. There's Bravejournal.com, part of Bravenet. That's good. Can't put Adsense on it, though (at least as far as I know).

The best host I've used, though, is Blog-city.com. Unfortunately it's not free (anymore). But it's very good, very reliable, and the customer service is excellent.