Thread: Any webhosting recommendations?

Threaded View

Is for the first time I see that site now, so I know nothing about them. However, IMHO USD 40/mo seems a huge amount to pay for hosting your blog. I read on the first page "Michael in California get’s over 1.5 million readers on his blog, pulling in well over $60,000 in ad revenue each month." On another page Michael A. get only 6000 USD each month....is that the same person ?
    I have nothing against testimonials on website, we do have some of them on this Adventure Tours site, but they are ALL TRUE, put on the website with the permission of our clients (one can contact them anytime on request).
    Then, hosting a website, definitely does not deserve that money. If the membership mean much more, OK, it might be interesting (I see the eBooks, they seem interesting but I think one can buy them for a few USD, no need to pay that much). If you just start blogging you might want to:
    - either choose one of the free hosting spaces (that also provides templates for blogging)
    - or buy a regular hosting space for a WebSite (if it'll be a blog, at the end is a websitea anyway). Ask the provider (someone else) to install a blogging tool for you if you just like an easier interface for blogging. This might cost you 10 USD / Year + initial configuration settings.

Just my 2 cents...enjoy blogging, wherever you host your blog !
    Radu
    Last edited by bloghub; 07-25-2007 at 09:42 AM.