Hello all! This is my first post here, so I'll introduce myself. A few years ago I decided to read a biography of every US president in order. I started blogging about my insights at PloddingThroughThePresidents.com and that quickly spiraled into a fervent passion for researching lesser-known historical stories, debunking some common legends, and illustrating each president's favorite things with action figures.

My irreverent blog has been mentioned in The Washington Post and recently referenced on Snopes for my research into the legend of John Quincy Adams's pet alligator in the White House. (The alligator story is a croc.)

I've been taking my time on the journey -- I'm just now starting to read about William Henry Harrison(#9) and I'm still writing about John Quincy Adams(#6). Hence the name "Plodding." It's been an awesome creative outlet for me to go from something like pouring myself into researching how exactly Thomas Jefferson's intellectually disabled sister drowned in an earthquake to creating a Valentine like this one:

I'm interested in connecting with other history lovers out there, especially folks who don't mind a little irreverence with their facts. And I'm always interested in feedback, suggestions, and questions!