Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you making money from your site?

Are you making money from your site?

Hi all,

Anyone manage to make money from your site from google ads?

I am still struggling.. the money make is hilarious... way low ...

Not from blog sites with Adsense

I have a bunch of sites including 4 blogs. The nonblog sites make enough money from Adsense to pay the cost of hosting 20+ sites, 2 dedicated IP addresses and my DSL access. They do that without cutting into my own personal sales through any of the sites.

The click through rate on the blogs is horrible, less than 1/10th what it is on the other sites. I took Adsense off my political blog to make room for other content 'above the fold'. (There's no point in Adsense below the fold - even on the good sites, the CTR for below the fold conten is dismal - about as good as on the blog sites.) Unless your blog has keywords that have extremely high value, the extremely low CTR makes Adsense less useful, in my opinion, for blog sites. On the other hand, my experience with Adsense overall has been excellent and if someone can figure out how to get more clicks out of blog readers let me know.
    [URL=http://www.tom-hanna.org]Tom Rants: Politics[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.tom-hanna.com]Real Estate Home Page[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.barter-blog.com]The Barter Blog[/URL]

It is a waste of Time

I have checked out almost all the affiliates and banner click sites which claim to pay you. Including google adsense.

The minute you start earning more cash than they cancel your account.

TwinkleStar

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Hi all,

AdSense seems to be working for me, albeit slowly. I've only had the program for a week or two now, but I've gotten a tiny bit of cash. I don't have enough traffic as of yet to get a lot of money, but hopefully that will change.

Its too bad Google doesn't pay out on $20 dollars for AdSense, rather then $100 dollars. That would be a lot easier for many of us to attain I bet. Though Google would of course have larger expenses, cause its a easier number to hit.

Scott
    Last edited by jayzee; 11-14-2005 at 10:59 AM.

I've found that the Adsense on my blog varies a lot, maybe due to what I'm writing but typically it is very small scale compared to other sites I have.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother creating an Adsense account for just a blog site unless your traffic levels are very, very high.

hehe, i just received my first cheque from adsense..

AdSense, albeit slow, is working for me. It took me almost 5 months to get my first check, but I've made over $200 in just the last 6 weeks. I actually started optimizing my sites AdSense placements after I got my first check and that has made all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggerpreneur
    AdSense, albeit slow, is working for me. It took me almost 5 months to get my first check, but I've made over $200 in just the last 6 weeks. I actually started optimizing my sites AdSense placements after I got my first check and that has made all the difference in the world.
    did you advertise at google?

I have AdSense on all my blogs (10+) and I'm not really getting a lot of clicks on it, maybe making $25 a month. BUT, it IS going up slowly but surely. I think once you really start to get a lot of traffic it picks up. Having said that, I don't rely on it, I use CJ and linkshare as well, which get me a lot more cash.

Jbbrwcky

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Hi all,

[B]Wonderful comment. True. Making money on AD Sense is only of value when you got some huge monthly clicks BUT it sure gives some value to the BLOG regardless. It is amazing at the ADS placed by Google and sometimes the links are truly fun and valuable. Never know. The real value may be the association and the learning curve gained. I love it either way. TRAVELSAPIEN the Travel Guy