Thread: Long or Short Blog Posts?

Long or Short Blog Posts?

Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what you all think a good length for a blog is. Is 1,500-2,000 words per post to much for a lifestyle blog? Should it be around 500-1,000? Some feedback on this would be really helpful!

Thanks

Hey there,
    I just started blogging myself and I personally try to keep it short because then people are more likely to read your post when they do not know you yet. When you have a lot of followers who love reading your posts then you can make them longer I would say

Greetings
    Janessa

Depending on what you are doing - you know your audience best - from a marketing point of view you are almost always better off writing long articles. Articles longer than 2000 words are more likely to rank on Google and be seen. This could be because they are more impressive, more thorough and as a result more likely to be shared - longer articles get shared over social media far more often.

If you are going short you would be better vlogging or creating graphics because people engage better with shorter videos and like images. Short videos are more likely to rank on youtube because people watch the whole thing - proportion of video watched is a strong ranking factor. The most important thing I would say though is don't write a post which is longer then what you are able to think of content for - don't put in artificial fillers - this sounds obvious but a lot of people do it. It is a good way of losing your audience.

Hey

In my opinion the most important thing is what you say and how well.
    Meaning:
    - A thoughtful approach to the blog post topic is the best way forward every time, and this often requires a good level of explanation.
    - Just like I've done here, it's possible to make your text clearer and more appealing, be it with lists, images, well constructed sentences etc.
    - Overall the key is to develop an outline for each post and your own writing voice.

Write write write and develop those writing skills along the way.

Clouded x
    Clouded Dotted Mind * The Blog is a lifestyle & self-development blog with a side of food lusting and adventuring.
    Seek to #LiveInspired! -- Reach our web - www.cloudeddottedmind.com