View Poll Results: If you were planning to visit/move to Seattle, would you find these sites useful?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! Totally Rad.

0 0%
  • Mmmm.....Somewhat

0 0%
  • Mmmm.... Not so much

0 0%
  • EeeeK! Where's the door?!

0 0%

Thread: Seattle and Cascadia "Place Blogs"

Seattle and Cascadia "Place Blogs"

Hi All,

I have started two sister blogs:

Seattle Song (seattlesong.blogspot.com) is a resource for enjoying Seattle while living on a shoe string.

Cascadia Song (cascadiasong.blogspot.com) is a series of more essay-esque posts on the culture of the Northwest and Seattle.

I invite you to visit and let me know what you think! Ideas for content, form, monetizing, tools, etc would all be appreciated.

Regards,
    Cascadia Girl
    Last edited by CascadiaGirl; 01-10-2007 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Update Signature

Hi

I had a look at the Seattle Song blog and I found the colours of the blog very offputting - I don't think lime and orange go together and they don't really put me in a holiday mood.

I thought the content was fascinating though - really well-written and informative. If you could make the blog look more inviting, I'm sure it will be a success.

Tea Tree

PS You can put the URLs of your blog in your signature by amending your bloggerhub profile - it will make it easier for people to review your blog if they can simply click on the link.

Had a quick look at the Cascadia Song blog - similar feedback to the Seattle Song blog - really good content, but really offputting colour scheme.

What does Cascadia mean? I'm not sure a tourist would know, whereas they would spot immediately that Seattle Song was an Ode to Seattle.

HTH

Tea Tree

Cascadia is a geographical region. It includes Oregon, Washington , and BC west of and including the Cascade Mts. I use it as opposed to Pacific Northwest because a) I find it a more evocative term, b) it is more accurate to the content than PNW would be, and c) I have a sense that the term will become more widely recognized soon, due to the popularity of the region and a lot of activism/movements/politics that are centered around this concept and use the term.