Thread: Feedback Request: Why is my Bounce Rate so High?

Feedback Request: Why is my Bounce Rate so High?

My blog gets a fair amount of organic traffic from Google (~300 visits per day) and has links from prominent websites, including a few articles on Lifehacker written just about my blog. Some of my articles have hundreds of likes, comments, etc.

Yet... my blog has a consistent bounce rate of about 87% and pages/session of about 1.35

I've tried adding some getting started information to my widgets on the side bar. My theme is clean, fast, and mobile-responsive. I've worked to get my page load time <4 seconds average. I've added an about section and just about every other trick I've heard of. Yet, users just don't seem to want to stay on my site.

Looking for any advice, thanks!
    My site is LifeByExperimentation.com
    I'd post a direct link to a popular post, but I'm too new

I think the colour scheme might be a bit wrong. Maybe it's just me, but the red seems untidy, and nothing really grabs my attention to click on links because of the red. Could just be my sensitive eyes though..

Have you tested load times from different geographical locations? Who is hosting your site it may be that you can achieve fast load times where you are at and are testing from. Also, clear your browser cookies before testing load time just in case. From a look at your site, maybe you could change the layout into tiles and allow the viewer to get a look at more posts/images/headlines right away. If something doesn't catch their eye when it loads they are going to be less inclined to search around for something that does.

Hope this helps!

LadiesLife