I'm an American Caucasian, and have been Hindu most my 28 years of life. Back in June I met a boy just as a friend to see AR Rahman in concert. In fact I didn't know him very long and he had no friends in town at the time to attend the concert with and I was surfing online on Craigslist to see what was happening within the community for the weekend. When I read that AR Rahman was going to be in town I became excited because I'm a huge fan and there was not a big announcement of his coming so I felt blessed to see his ad asking if anyone wanted to see the concert too, that he didn't want to go alone. I wrote back saying I have to meet him (the boy) in person before agreeing to go to the concert because after all, we are a different gender and I have to be careful. Well, he turned out to be a great guy and I felt I could trust him and we had a great time hearing the most beautiful music in the world live. Then we became good friends and it was nothing serious at first, but as we got to know each other we quickly felt a very strong connection to each other which keeps growing very intensely. It's like a magnet of two hearts, I don't know how to explain it, but it's nothing like I've ever experienced before. We are interested in the same things and get along well. Because I'm Hindu and already living life a lot like an Indian, there is not any cultural clash between us. But even though I'm Hindu and plan on moving to India, he is from a traditional south-Indian family. He told me that they would never accept their son marrying anyone outside their community, let alone the state. But for some reason the energy between us is so strong though that we keep talking and being together. Logically it's foolish but the connection is so strong it's as if we can't stop...it's impossible to stop loving. Even after I moved far away to finish my degree a couple months back, but we kept talking on the phone and emailing. Remember we only met in June. I left at the end of August and the young love survived and got more strong. Then I finally went to visit him again for Thanksgiving break and we realized how much we wish to be together, but there is this terrible barrier between us. I have fallen in love before, so I once thought I knew what love was, but not like this. I have never been so in love in all my life and I really truly feel he is my soul-mate. I think he feels the same way but he is torn up and confused and I am too. We've cried and though he says no it can't happen, his actions and eyes say he would if it would not create such familial turbulence. What's sad too is I know that if his parents and community got to know me in time they would love me too. I'm a good person and I would make their son happy and add love and create harmony and prosperity within the family. I just need to know what you all think, that if we truly are meant to be together, do you think we will be? Will God be able to tear down the wall between us in spite of the tradition? I'm not trying to hurt anyone, nor is he. It just feels like death to be without him now. I feel like this is killing me and I'm praying so hard and hoping even through all the hopelessness of it all a miracle will happen. Also, does anyone know of good pujas or something I can do to help this? I don't know what to do other than plead with God. He doesn't know what to do. I feel I belong to him. I really do and I'd give up all I have for him. I'm so scared of the future....so scared he'll marry someone who will never love and care for him the way I do. What do you suggest? Please do tell me of any miracle stories too. I need to know that what seems impossible can somehow be possible. Thanks and so sorry for sounding so desperate. Just that my heart already thinks of him as a husband and I don't know what to do. Thanks!!!