Thread: Everyone on this forum please avoid AUTOSURF PROGRAMS

Everyone on this forum please avoid AUTOSURF PROGRAMS

12DailyPro
    In case you hadn't heard the news, I guess 12dailypro really was too good to be true. The following was posted on the Securities and Exchange Commission website recently....

SEC Halts “Paid Autosurf” Internet Ponzi Scheme
    that Raised Over $50 Million from 300,000 Investors Worldwide

Washington D.C., Feb.27, 2006 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced the filing of securities fraud charges against the operators of [url]www.12dailypro.com[/url], a “paid autosurf program” that in fact was a massive Ponzi scheme which raised more than $50 million from over 300,000 investors worldwide by offering a 44% return on investment in just 12 days. As a result of the SEC’s charges, the defendants, Charis Johnson, age 33, of Charlotte, N.C., and her companies, 12daily Pro and LifeClicks, LLC, ceased their solicitation of investors and agreed to a freeze of all their assets and the appointment of a receiver who will take control of the companies’ operations.

According to the Commission’s complaint, which was filed last week in federal district court in Los Angeles, Calif., [url]www.12dailypro.com[/url] claimed to be a paid autosurf program — a form of online advertising program that purportedly generates advertising revenue by automatically rotating advertised websites into a viewer’s Internet browser. Advertisers purportedly pay “hosts,” which in turn pay their members to view the rotated websites. The Commission’s complaint alleges that 12daily Pro’s sale of membership units constituted the fraudulent and unregistered sale of securities under the federal securities laws.

Randall R. Lee, Regional Director of the Commission’s Pacific Regional Office, said, “Paid autosurf programs have become an enormous industry on the Internet. When these schemes depend on attracting new members in order to pay returns to current members, they are destined to collapse. The promise of guaranteed, double-digit returns in a matter of days should raise a red flag. We urge the public to be aware that paid memberships in these schemes may be a form of investment, and to exercise extreme caution before investing in any get rich quick scheme.”

According to the Commission’s complaint, the 12daily Pro website, recently ranked as the 352nd most heavily trafficked website, solicited investors to become “upgraded members” by buying “units” for a “fee” of $6 per unit, with a maximum of 1,000 units. 12daily Pro promised to pay each upgraded member 12% of his or her membership fee per day for 12 days. At the end of 12 days, the member purportedly would have earned a total of 144% of his or her original membership fee, 44% of which would be profit on the membership fee. To receive the promised payment, a member purportedly must view at least 12 web pages per day during the 12 day period. The amount of returns that 12daily Pro would pay its members, however, was in fact dependent solely on the amount of each member’s investment, not on the amount of website-viewing or any other services rendered.

The Commission alleges that the defendants defrauded investors by operating 12daily Pro as almost a pure Ponzi scheme — using new investor monies to pay the promised returns to existing investors — in violation of the federal securities laws. The defendants falsely represented that upgraded members’ earnings “are financed not only [by] incoming member fees, but also with multiple income streams including advertising, and off-site investments.” In fact, at least 95% of 12daily Pro’s revenues have come from new investments in the form of membership fees from new or existing members. The other “multiple income streams” from advertising revenues or off-site investments touted by the defendants were either negligible or non-existent. In addition, undisclosed to investors, Johnson transferred more than $1.9 million in investor funds to her personal bank account since mid-2005.

Johnson and her companies have consented to the entry of a court order that permanently enjoins them from future violations of the antifraud provisions of the federal securities laws, imposes a freeze on their assets, prohibits the destruction of documents, and appoints Thomas F. Lennon as permanent receiver over the assets of 12daily Pro and LifeClicks, LLC. The order is subject to approval by United States District Judge Nora M. Manella. Johnson and her companies consented to the order without admitting or denying the allegations in the complaint. The Commission’s complaint also seeks repayment of ill-gotten gains and civil money penalties; the amounts to be sought will be determined at a later date.

The argument has long been made that all autosurf programs are glorified ponzi schemes, where no real product actually changes hands. We're not here to say whether they are or not. But one thing is for sure, this development is going to put that industry under a microscope that you may want to stay clear of, as the authorities are sure to go after similar companies who claim to make their profits from "paid advertising" when they really don't.

If you lost money in 12dailypro, I AM SORRY for your losses. While you're here, you owe it to yourself to take 60 seconds to review the newest growth industry to explode on the Internet by VISITING SIGNATURE

I agree with you not to use any untargeted visitors method

From shola

From shola
    Please reply to this private email address for security reasons [email]shola_abdul@yahoo.ca[/email]

Dear,
    Let me start by introducing myself, I am Shola abdul,the only daughter of late Dr. Mark Tambo Abdul, the former political adviser to the former President of the Republic of Sierra Leone, ALHAJI AHMED TEJAN KABBAH.
    My father was murdered during the inter-tribal wars between the rebels and the government forces to overthrow the democratically elected president ALHAJI AHMED TEJAN KABBAH which led to my running out of the country for my dear lives to a neighbouring country as refugees. As I was packing my belongings, I incidentally discovered the key of my father's underground valuable safe.On opening the safe, I saw a document indicating that my late father deposited the sum of twelve million five hundred thousand United states Dollars US12,500.000.00)in cash in a security company.I quickly moved to Abidjan cote d'lvoire west Africa with the noble assistance of a fisherman boat operator who assisted me cross the borders because I had no passport or any travelling documents.
    The money according to the documents was deposited in the security company as family valuables as the content for security reasons and under the name of a Foreign partner .
    So What I would want you to do,is to assist me to get the consignment withdrawn from the security company, and you shall open a small account in a Bank here in your name, and transfer the money to your account in your country, We shall replace the name Foreign Partner to your own name, because that was use as a code for security reason. I will give you the 20% of the money for your assistance. I will use the remain balance of the money for an investment in your country for my future. If you are interested, and can maintain the very confidential of this transaction,
    you e-mail me immediately for more clarifications, and also note that I am a refugees in Abidjan,Cote d’ivoire becaues of the assassination of late father,and the civil war going on in my country,Democratic Republic of Sierra Leone.

I can speak little English, but my lawyer speaks English very well his name is barrister JACK SEKONGO. you can call me on my number 0022509342326.

Thanks and God bless us all.
    Shola abdul.

Please reply to this private email address for security reasons [email]shola_abdul@yahoo.ca[/email]