Thread: Who else here has given up on relationships..?

Who else here has given up on relationships..?

I this from a friend in my personal chat forum on yahoo

Please everyone post your comments on this topic......

Hi, relationshipcafe
    I realize I don't want to extend myself anymore for a romantic relationship. I guess I'm tired...tired of the initial meeting and scrutiny, tired of the work of getting to know someone, tired of the emotional anxiety which seemed to always ensue.
    Happily content in solitude here, I can't envision having a man invading my space, and this is coming from someone who only and ALWAYS wanted a love of my life!
    Maybe it's an age thing.... but I'm no longer willing to compromise myself and my own interests, needs for a man.
    Does any one or you have this feeling, or am I just sick?

It's easier to find what your looking for when your not looking at all. Your friend is putting to much effort into it. When they relax and focus their energy on something else than the perfect opportunity may come along.
    Last edited by abbiedoobie; 12-22-2006 at 07:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi,

I guess we all get that feeling of disappointment with relationships and the other sex. But let's be realistic though - you don't want to stay alone forever.
    I think this feeling is caused by a lack of understanding of your partners feelings, or maybe of love in general. I can't claim to understand everything, but we should all try to. Don't lose hope
    [URL="http://www.2knowmyself.com"]The Ultimate Source for Self-Understanding and Personal Development[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.2knowmyself.com/body_language/learn_body_language"]Learn Body Language[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.2knowmyself.com/relationship_breakups/why_do_we_fall_in_love"]Learn About The Psychology of Falling in Love[/URL]

I know what you mean. I just don't have the energy any more for the hard work that relationships always seem to be. I've come to love being alone and can't ever see myself in any serious relationship again. My life is full and I do as I please.

Free Friendly Advice...www.theadvicesite.com

Submit your questions about relationships, friendships, careers, etc. to us. The Advice Site is an online advice column that offers readers a chance to submit questions and receive free, informed advice on many of life's pressing issues. The site is updated daily with a new inspirational thought called Your Daily Apple.

The purpose of the site is to encourage and inspire readers to be positive and to live their best life possible. While our opinions are meant to be entertaining, they are birthed out of our genuine concern for humanity and the idea that everyone deserves the fullness of a happy and prosperous life.

Jacob
    theadvicesite.com

Quote Originally Posted by relationshipcafe.blogspot View Post
    I this from a friend in my personal chat forum on yahoo

Please everyone post your comments on this topic......

Hi, relationshipcafe
    I realize I don't want to extend myself anymore for a romantic relationship. I guess I'm tired...tired of the initial meeting and scrutiny, tired of the work of getting to know someone, tired of the emotional anxiety which seemed to always ensue.
    Happily content in solitude here, I can't envision having a man invading my space, and this is coming from someone who only and ALWAYS wanted a love of my life!
    Maybe it's an age thing.... but I'm no longer willing to compromise myself and my own interests, needs for a man.
    Does any one or you have this feeling, or am I just sick?
    Wow, that is not what I want to be.

I think I've given up

I totally agree with you. I'm still kind of young (23), and I never understood why older people were so jaded, especially women. But with age I've come to realize that a lot of emotions I used to look forward to, have now become some what a hassle. The excitement for the first date, is now replaced with feelings of redundancy ( I dread telling the same story over and over again). I even wished it was appropriate to record myself and play the tape on each date. I am also really starting to accept that there is actually a soul mate out there for me. Not that I don't believe in soul mates- I do. I just don't think there is one out there for me. This also coming from someone who was once a hopeless romantic, who believed in true love with every ounce of herself. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those mushy people who go around singing songs of joys, and love. I consider myself a pretty regular person plus or minus a normal and abnormal personality flaws. I just always thought that one day my prince charming would come and make everything better.

But now I just feel like no one is ever going to understand me. I mean truly understand me. I feel that I've compromised too much in the past. Now it just feels like its time to work on myself.

Ask yourself - "Why are the relationships I'm involved complicated?"

What are you doing to make them so stressful or what is the other person doing? The harder you try and make a relationship a success the harder it will be to accomplish.

I'll give you a tip - a relationship should be like this:

On a Saturday night you both are on the sofa, one at one end and the other at the other end. Your legs are stretched out next to each others. She is reading a book and the guy is watching Sportscenter - very few words are spoken through out the evening and then a simple look indicates it is time to get naked and go to the bedroom. In the morning you wake up in the morning with a smile and say to yourself - damn that was wonderful and repeat that the next evening.

That's what makes a meaningful relationship.

I think bloggers aren't as socially outgoing as non-bloggers. It's why I sit at my computer and type :P