Thread: Who else here has given up on relationships..?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by relationshipcafe.blogspot View Post
    I this from a friend in my personal chat forum on yahoo

Please everyone post your comments on this topic......

Hi, relationshipcafe
    I realize I don't want to extend myself anymore for a romantic relationship. I guess I'm tired...tired of the initial meeting and scrutiny, tired of the work of getting to know someone, tired of the emotional anxiety which seemed to always ensue.
    Happily content in solitude here, I can't envision having a man invading my space, and this is coming from someone who only and ALWAYS wanted a love of my life!
    Maybe it's an age thing.... but I'm no longer willing to compromise myself and my own interests, needs for a man.
    Does any one or you have this feeling, or am I just sick?
    Wow, that is not what I want to be.

I think I've given up

I totally agree with you. I'm still kind of young (23), and I never understood why older people were so jaded, especially women. But with age I've come to realize that a lot of emotions I used to look forward to, have now become some what a hassle. The excitement for the first date, is now replaced with feelings of redundancy ( I dread telling the same story over and over again). I even wished it was appropriate to record myself and play the tape on each date. I am also really starting to accept that there is actually a soul mate out there for me. Not that I don't believe in soul mates- I do. I just don't think there is one out there for me. This also coming from someone who was once a hopeless romantic, who believed in true love with every ounce of herself. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those mushy people who go around singing songs of joys, and love. I consider myself a pretty regular person plus or minus a normal and abnormal personality flaws. I just always thought that one day my prince charming would come and make everything better.

But now I just feel like no one is ever going to understand me. I mean truly understand me. I feel that I've compromised too much in the past. Now it just feels like its time to work on myself.