Thread: Newbie...Can these be done in blogger?

Newbie...Can these be done in blogger?

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie, and I got some questions which I hope you'll help me find the answers to:

1- Creating individual pages in blogger beta, meaning every post has it's own page and not forced to be in the main homepage. Is there a way to do that? Like a function to switch on to make the post disappear from the main homepage but remain in it's own external/hidden page, and then switching it back again when needed?

2- Is there a way to create clickable images/banners, other than using the html/java widget, as that is limited to linking to external sources? Maybe the basic question I should ask here, is how to upload your own images to the blog and use them when needed, and calling them from their individual pages..if possible..

3- I did add some outer source images using the html/java widget (not hosted in my blog), but the dimensions aren't always right...some edges are cut off sometimes. How can I fix this in the blog and without altering them where they are originally hosted?

4- Is there a way to arrange banners/images the way you want, and not only choosing which one is in top of the other, in a default column fashion? Or does that depend entirely on the template you choose?

5- Is there a way to convert html templates to xml and is easy to use for newbies?

I always wanted to use one of thur's templates here:

oops! just realised I can't post urls yet...

but the problem is all are in html format and not xml like should be in beta version.
    Thanks alot everyone for your patience, and I hope this isn't a lot...

I know the answer to your first question. You edit the main content on the customize/template page. It gives you an option for how many posts you'd like on your first page. It usually automatically does seven. You switch it to one. I was interested in doing this as well and having one post per page but I figured most people just want to read whats on the page and be lazy about it as opposed to flipping through pages.