I have fallen helplessly in love with someone who is on the other side of the country.

I was instantly attracted to him when I first met him. He fit the bill for everything I am looking for in a man. After our last encounter, where the attraction was mutual, I learned that he had moved to another city.

I sent him an SMS to tell him that I hoped everything was well in his new home, and that this place would forever be a little less bright without him. He replied saying that it was great to have met me, and that he wished we could have met sooner. He then asked me to send him my email address so that we could keep in touch.

My attraction to him is quite rational. He is kind, intelligent, and we have a lot in common. It isn't a crazy, whirlwind kind of obsessive rapture. I just feel really comfortable and totally intrigued when I'm around him. This is the closest thing to perfect I have ever come across. This is why I am completely determined to give it everything I've got and commit myself to not letting go of him, no matter how foolish it may seem to give my heart to someone who is so far away.

Am I being totally stupid?