Thread: New way to discuss blog posts?

New way to discuss blog posts?

Hello everybody,

I would like to get your opinion on my new idea. I guess most of you are running a blog.

Imagine you write a blog post about for example Zune. The title would be “Microsoft’s new mp3 player – Zune”. Under this blog post, you usually have links like “Digg this”, “Bookmark this at del.icio.us”, “Add Comment” or “Sphere It”. Now, imagine you have there another link saying, “Discuss this” or “Chat about this live”. This link will pop up a new window with chat from www . geesee . com. This chat will automatically create a chat room with the name of your blog post the first time somebody clicks the link. All users will go directly to that room and chat about your blog post.

Since Geesee is cross-site chat, anybody chatting in Geesee on any other site can search for tags and easily find your blog post room and join it and chat with others.

The whole point is giving your blog readers the option to discuss your blog post and allow other people interested in that topic to join them in discussion. The details on how it is done by plugins are not important at the moment. I want to find out what do you think about the idea.

What do you think about this idea as a blog owner? What do you think about it as a blog reader?

Thanks for your replies.

I think ..

Getting readers involved in discussions is one of the prime objectives for a blogger. And for this blogs have the comments section which has a huge significance as far as blogs are concerned. The comment section gives the power to express the reader's opinion, and gives blogger an idea of the popularity too. This is in desynchronised mode.

But .. There are almost no alternatives to live chats as it is a synchronous casual text-based conversation between two or more individuals.

All users will go directly to that room and chat about your blog post. Since Geesee is cross-site chat, anybody chatting in Geesee on any other site can search for tags and easily find your blog post room and join it and chat with others.
    Say I have a blog post like .. Microsoft’s new mp3 player – Zune.

Why will they chat about "my post" instead of discussing about "Zune" in a good forum that predominantly discusses about Microsoft products? Instead if the post is like .. Top web2.0 loosers, readers may get involved in conversations as you talked about.

To conclude I like the idea to some extent. But if would have offered me something like skypecasts I would have raised my both hands!

Thanks
    Blogging [URL="webtips.blogsome.com"]Tips n tricks and more at WebTips[/URL]

thanks, well it's just an idea, needs som tweaking

anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by mond_ View Post
    Hello everybody,

I would like to get your opinion on my new idea. I guess most of you are running a blog.

Imagine you write a blog post about for example Zune. The title would be “Microsoft’s new mp3 player – Zune”. Under this blog post, you usually have links like “Digg this”, “Bookmark this at del.icio.us”, “Add Comment” or “Sphere It”. Now, imagine you have there another link saying, “Discuss this” or “Chat about this live”. This link will pop up a new window with chat from www . geesee . com. This chat will automatically create a chat room with the name of your blog post the first time somebody clicks the link. All users will go directly to that room and chat about your blog post.

Since Geesee is cross-site chat, anybody chatting in Geesee on any other site can search for tags and easily find your blog post room and join it and chat with others.

The whole point is giving your blog readers the option to discuss your blog post and allow other people interested in that topic to join them in discussion. The details on how it is done by plugins are not important at the moment. I want to find out what do you think about the idea.

What do you think about this idea as a blog owner? What do you think about it as a blog reader?

Thanks for your replies.
    Please write URLs like this:

google.com until you have enough posts to be allowed to post URLs, thank you!

And regarding your question!: I like your idea quite a lot =)
    PLEASE READ: We have got FORUM RULES now, so please read them! - [URL="http://www.bloggerhub.com/showthread.php?t=1241"]> click me <[/URL].

Thank you!
    ------
    Because crap is all we want!: [url]http://nafcom.blogspot.com[/url]

Yes this sounds good, I am interested , please let me know in detail via PM what I need to do next?
    [url]http://www.investormarketnews.blogspot.com[/url].... enjoy