Thread: Constructive Criticism Welcome

Constructive Criticism Welcome

Please review my blog and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome.

healthtechnologypp.blogspot.com

looks great

but the background image that ranges to the left is slightly confusing

grantmilne.blogspot.com

sorry, but i dont like your background.

I think you are going great.

You said constructive criticism so please don't take this as mean. I say it with the best of intentions.

I visited your blog and immediately was confused. Without reading a single post, here is what I noticed:
    1. Your header is impossible to read. More contrast needed. Aside from that, it was boxy and plain.
    2. The long vertical scrolling image is very hard to understand, and mashed together. Is it 1 long picture or several? The text on it is small, and I had no idea what the purpose of it was.
    3. Dark background with light text doesn't suit the purpose of your blog. The subject of your blog is Health and technology. It's common for websites in both fields to be bright and robust as apposed to dark and gloomy.

I would highly suggest finding a different template to use for your blog. I didn't even manage to read any of your posts as the website theme was just too cluttered and confusing. There are thousands of free templates you can use that would better suit the needs of a health/technology blog.

Since I didn't read any of your posts, I can't critique the quality of your material. So for the sake of this review, I'll assume your posts are top notch. I think if you change your template to something more suitable you'll be off and running with the best of them.

Like I said in the beginning, I'm sorry if this review seemed harsh. That was not my intent. I wish you luck with your blog, and if you do update it, I'd love to see your improvements.

Keith