Thread: moving to singapore

moving to singapore

hey...........need to know some things about spore. thinking of moving there.....would like to know.1) attitude towards western men by chinese,2) housing prices3)employment possibilities. Im a carear law enforcement in the states..4)anything else u think would be helpful. thanks.

Hi nantien,

We had foreigner living here. Our government encourage foreigners to come to singapore to work especially the elite group. I believe you can get a job easily with a degree here.

To be frank, i am not too sure what to tell you. However, feel free to post any questions regarding singapore. I will try my best to answer them.

Smile Moving to Singapore

I have been to Singapore when I was in the US Navy. I love the city. It the cleanest cities I have been to. You will not see one bit of trash any where. The people there will treat you very nice. They don't care if you are from the West. I found them to be very friendly. The weather is very nice year round. I don't know about the job suituation, might want to do an international job search on one of the major job sites. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you enjoy Singapore.

Rubberman

thanks for your response.just onething for now: how much money does one have to make to live comfortably in spore?

If you are living by yourself and don't go clubbing / do not participate in any heavy expenses activities and non-smoker , a basic salary of S$2000+- will be more than enough for you. At the end of the day, i think it is still up to individual on how they plan for their financial and lifestyle.

Do you mean $2000 a week/month....etc? I love hearing about how life is in different countries too so I peeked into this thread.

it's a $2000/mth... how i wish i can earn $2000/week.

just like to say welcome to asia.

As an expat, i would say 2000/week is essential to live in singapore. Of course it depends on whats your lifestyle.

I live in the city and housing is damn costly around the city area but if you move outta city like east or west coast, it would dry down to 1000 dollars per month.

But no way as an expat you can survive for 2000 per month . 8000/mnth is a decent amount of money to live a decent lifestyle (travel by MRT etc ) and of course to save some money.

Currently the finance sector is the hottest here and you should be able to find a job.

I work for a bank and i am an expat
    Godmode

Blog: [URL="http://voipguides.blogspot.com/"]http://voipguides.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Smile

Hi admin,

I wish I would have also got that $2000/week. Do you know how much is that in my currency (Indian rupees). It is around 90000 INR per week. I am a Quality Analyst and I am earning only $1000/month. I think right now a jinni can help do that for me.

Thanks,

soni2006

Quote Originally Posted by bloghub View Post
    it's a $2000/mth... how i wish i can earn $2000/week.
    ww.hubpages.com/profile/soni2006

Rajinder Soni